MCRP (Marine Care Ricketts Point Inc.) is a volunteer group concerned with the well-being of the Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary.
It works in co-operation with the sanctuary manager, Parks Victoria, and many other interested groups. It was formed at its inaugural AGM on 21 January, 2003.
Active members are interested in such things as mapping the sanctuary, monitoring marine life, photography, art, literature, poetry, music, education, surveillance and compliance, inter-organisational activity, surveys and the natural and human history of the area.
To foster species diversity conservation of the Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary through:
- the regeneration of the once abundant plant and animal life of the sanctuary,
- the protection and preservation of the natural environment of the sanctuary, its features and its indigenous flora and fauna,
- the educating and informing of the community about the role and values of the sanctuary,
- community involvement in and enjoyment of the sanctuary in accordance with the above aims,
- the advancement of knowledge of marine life and its environment.
Directed to our Contact Page
MCRP acknowledges the support of Bayside Council in providing funding in 2014 for
our newly established Beach Patrol activity.
Click HERE to learn more about our Beach Patrol activites